HNWCS Parents and Teachers Organization
The HNWCS Parents and Teachers Organization (PTO) was founded in 1977. It is composed of all
teachers, parents, and legal guardians of current HNWCS students. The PTO works to support the
school's educational goals, to provide a safe and healthy learning environment, to enrich the HNWCS
learning experience, and to enhance the mutual understanding among the parents, teachers, and the
board of directors. HNWCS PTO has been playing a very important role in supporting education,
operation, and administration, as well as safeguarding HNWCS students and organizing local
Chinese community events.
To keep Houston Northwest Chinese School campus a safe, civil place, PTO decide to
resume parent on-duty patrol. The parent(s) of each student has to be on duty at
least once every school year. If a family has more than one student, the parent(s)
may have to be on duty twice. The $25 deposit will only be returned after the above
requirement has been satisfied. We will try to have 1 male and 1 female parent for
each week so they can check all the restrooms. our PTO duty coordinator,
will contact you to confirm your schedule. If you cannot
make it the on your scheduled day, please arrange for substitution. If you need help
swapping schedule with other parents, please contact the coordinator at least a week
before hand to allow for enough time to coordinate. Failure to do so will result in
your deposit being forfeited.
1. Please arrive 10 minutes early and stay behind 10 minutes.
2. Please check the restrooms before and school to make sure everything is in good shape. Report any problem to the school staffs immediately.
3. Maintain the bell schedule: 2:00PM, 3:00PM, 3:10PM, 4:00PM, 4:10PM & 5:00PM.
4. Monitor safety of the students. No student is allowed in the gym or the outdoor playground.
5. Check the classroom to make sure the students have not left anything behind.
Location to meet on the day of on-duty:
All volunteers may meet around the desk at lobby of main entrance.